Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Track Plan

I played around with my "elevated loop crossing over a flat loop" track plan.  Tried to connect the two at one end, but it just wasn't working.  So, now I am back on the web looking for a new track plan.  Good news:  I found exactly what I want.  Bad news:  I have to make my 5X10 table into a 6X10 table.  Out comes the saw . . .

Here is the layout photos and plan:

Mike's O Gauge Train Site

He did a tremendous job of modeling and design in a small space.  You would never know it was only 6X10 from the photos.  The layout even has a dual track mainline.

I made some changes to his plan to allow O-42 curves on the inner loop and O-54 on the outer.  But I am very grateful to Mike and I want to give him credit for his design and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment