Sunday, March 17, 2013

Let the cutting begin

The first task was to swap the front and back walls of one of the bank buildings that will become the right wing.  First the cutting:



Then the gluing:

Glued from the inside:


Next I needed to cut the steps and knee wall from the fronts of all 3 banks using a Zona saw and bandsaw:



The door cutouts in the center section were done with a Zona saw:


Since I am making the center section taller than the wings, I needed to lengthen the column.   A search of nearly all the pens in my office located a pen barrel that was exactly the right diameter.  I cut off the base and inserted the barrel (white) using another smaller pen barrel (black) inside to strengthen the joint.  I ended up making the columns 1/8" too tall and later had to cut them back.  (better than too short!):



No comments:

Post a Comment