Sunday, March 10, 2013

Grand Station

My latest project is a kitbash of 3 MTH Bank Buildings into a Grand Station.  This has been done before by many modelers.  Much of my inspiration came from Alex Malliae Link and John Sethian Link who IMHO have done the best iterations.  Here is Alex's work:


And here is John's:


Most kitbashes involve turning the banks so the sides become the front of the station and moving the front doors and columns to the center section.  You also need to swap the old front and back walls on one of the wings.  My variation differs in that I raised up the center section rather than lowering the wing sections.  This avoided having to shorten the doors, preserving their grand size, but did necessitate lengthening the columns.

The hardest part of the project was making the first cut.  This is my first kitbash, and I was a little insecure about taking a perfectly good building and cutting it up.  But pretty soon, I was chopping plastic with reckless abandon.  I'll post pictures of my progress. If all goes well, the station should be completed for display in White Hall at the TCA show in April.






No comments:

Post a Comment