Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Roads, Railings, and Walks

I didn't expect the elevated platform would take so long to build.   I think I put nearly as much time into it as I did building the station.  The base is a 2X4' 1/4" MDF from Home Depot.   The arches are 3/4" pine.  Roads are a 1/8" thick adhesive backed foam rubber product from Scenic Express.  They look great and are easy to cut and fit.  Sidewalks are 1/8" Masonite, stacked 2 high, so they are one layer above the street.  I scored 1" squares with a Zona saw.  Rail is 1/8"X1/8" Basswood and 1/4"X1/4" Pine.  Streetlamps are Lionel.  All the "concrete" parts are painted with Rustoleum grey primer followed by Rustoleum beige "camo" paint.

\

Almost done . . .  Just need to add the windows, doors and a roof.  The module will be on display with the Stillmeadow Modular Train Group at the TCA show this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment